Multivitamin (By injection)
Prevents a vitamin deficiency in patients receiving nutrition through an IV (TPN).
B-Complex, Infuvite, Infuvite Adult, Infuvite Adult Novaplus, Infuvite PEDiatric Novaplus, Infuvite Pediatric, M.V.I. Pediatric, M.V.I.-12 w/o Vitamin K, M.V.I.ADULT, PremierPro Rx Infuvite Adult, PremierPro Rx Infuvite PEDiatricThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to a vitamin that is in this medicine. You should not use this medicine before being tested for anemia.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- This medicine will be mixed and added to your parenteral nutrition (TPN) bag which is given IV. Make sure you understand how to mix the vitamins.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- You may be taught how to give your medicine at home. Make sure you understand all instructions before giving yourself an injection. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- The vitamins will make your TPN bag turn yellow. This is normal.
If a dose is missed:
- This medicine needs to be given on a regular schedule. If you miss one day, skip that dose and return to your normal schedule. You should not use two doses at the same time.
- Missing one dose of vitamins is usually not a cause for concern.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store this medicine in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- Throw away used needles in a hard, closed container that the needles cannot poke through. Keep this container away from children and pets.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any leftover medicine, containers, and other supplies. Throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using phenytoin (Dilantin®), methotrexate (Trexall®), or levodopa (Sinemet CR®, Stalevo®). Tell your doctor if you are using hydralazine, isoniazid, or chloramphenicol.
- There are many other drugs that can interact with a multivitamin. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.
- You should not use other vitamin supplements while taking this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Agitation or anxiety.
- Dizziness or headache.
- Seeing double.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 5/1/2020
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and chrome browser.